- Capital: Tallahassee
- Statehood: March 3, 1845 (27th state)
- Population: 19,317,568 (estimate for 2012 - ranks 4th in nation)
- Gross Gross Product: $748 Billion (2010 est)
- Land area: 53,624 square miles
- Highest elevation: 345 feet, Walton County in the Panhandle
- Mean elevation: 100 feet - half of the land area less than 100 feet above sea level!
- Coastline 1,197 miles
- Rank among U.S. in total area: 22nd
- US Territory: 1821
- No State income tax
- Sales tax is 6 percent. Counties are allowed to levy additional surtax that ranges from .5 to 1.5%.
- Time zones: Eastern except in the western panhandle which is Central. Daylight Saving Time is observed.
- Website www.myflorida.com
- Dominant trees: pines, oaks, cypresses, palms and mangroves
- Rainfall: ranges from 40 to 60 inches per year
- Motto: In God We Trust
- Nickname: Sunshine State
- Song: Suwannee River
- Animal: Florida Panther
- Bird: Mockingbird
- Fish: Atlantic Sailfish (saltwater), Largemouth Bass (freshwater)
- Flower: Orange blossom
- Tree: Sabal palm